We spoke to your mum this week
Great news –
The cancer’s gone
Or at least it’s in full remission!
2013’s been a trying year
For you and yours –
The tests, the diagnosis, the treatment
And still a few months more
For the immune system
To strengthen –
Then, back to work,
No doubt with
Priority I: God
Love and gratitude
Rooted in sincerity
Go a long, long way …
Some Souls can fool others,
Few Souls can fool all,
But no Soul fools God –
Bear this in mind, heart, and Soul –
Priority II: Family and Friends
One’s family and friends
Are God’s greatest gift –
Through them life’s lessons are learned
And Soul gains Its values
Whilst growing eternal knowingness.
Priority III: Work
Work is a means to an end –
When it comes to work,
One sells one’s services, not one’s Soul.
Work requires commitment
And execution of duties –
But never to the point
Where one loses
With family, friends and God.
God works in strange and mysterious ways
To deliver ITs message to Soul.
Has ITs message reached you –
Or has it fallen on deaf ears?
© M. Barrett – all rights reserved
Mike Barrett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Great News by Mike Barrett )
- This Is Our Mega City, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.55, Monk E. Biz
- Global Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Primary Colours, vince gullaci
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)