It looks like luck; but it's not.
Call it grace; why not?
Deep ocean, full of tantalized bouquet, prepared for thou; is it not?
Fishes in the ocean, all make sway, to escape the teeth of the shark; but thou standeth still; but it's not.
Call it luck, why not?
Myriad water, waters little fish, to sail afloat, no more within shark reach, is it not?
We all know the storm cometh in the winter; but it's not.
Ever heard of a beautiful summer storm? why not?
Now they say the storm shaketh everything, but not the shark though, is it not?
Oh! Thy creator has been so magnanimously mysterious, not even a storm can shake thou;
doffing my hat for the creator, I say hail thee great shark!
Kolade Seun's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Great shark' by Kolade Seun )
- BMO, A.R Evangelista
- Let it remain, hasmukh amathalal
- Miracle over, hasmukh amathalal
- In The Eyes Of The Lord, Tom Zart
- My feelings, hasmukh amathalal
- Real meditation, hasmukh amathalal
- Real bond, hasmukh amathalal
- Going with knowledge, gajanan mishra
- Judgement, Michael Hunley
- Going Home, Emily Liang
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Question, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)