Dog goD 8Hate
Gross! This Irony
And today again - my mean
Conviviality - How I show affection
The lady at “the purveyor of
Assumptions” said hello.
I shoved my groceries at her
And said naught.
The war was on as she mustered
Her resources – subtle gestures of
Yea with nay tone, and, as she
Scanned my canned goods.
It is an old fight and I’ve encountered
Too many in these sly strikes at integrity.
I respond mean - the dignity stays clean.
Why? The insufferable ironies that lead to…
No ironies, someday.
(3/5/2009 12: 04 AM)
Dog goD 8Hate's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gross! This Irony by Dog goD 8Hate )
- The Daughter of the Earth - 21, gajanan mishra
- Self - Raising, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sunshine In Your Eyes, Eleonor Santiago
- Run, run, run and running, gajanan mishra
- Run, run, run, gajanan mishra
- What About Tomorrow, Claude H Oliver II
- My Time, Claude H Oliver II
- The ball, gajanan mishra
- Thousand Lullabies, Eleonor Santiago
- Highest Sky, Eleonor Santiago
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)