time moves backwards,
and my heart beats in reverse.
So I’ll share these words,
and I’ll try to rehearse.
life moves too quickly,
and my heart skips five beats.
So, I’ll write this all squiggly,
and fight these awesome feats.
zeus picks a fight,
and lightning flashes brightly.
It lasts all night,
and lets me sleep
I feel callused
in the growing pains
Mike Dolch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Growing Pains by Mike Dolch )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I am naming you friend, gajanan mishra
- Wrecking Ball, Kyle Schlicher
- There Is Nothing More Gratifying, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Azazels, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Let me follow you, gajanan mishra
- what makes me blue?, DAVID werts
- Rewriting The Ruins, Kyle Schlicher
- A song lyric of a lover...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Fall, hujan pagi
- Beginning The Day, RoseAnn V. Shawiak