You grown-ups are a funny lot
'Cos when I'm sleeping in my cot
You coo 'Come on, let's have a peep'
And lift me out when I'm asleep
But when I wake you late at night
You somehow think it just ain't right
'Cos you're both in the Land of Nod
And you call me names like Little Sod.
You say at tea that you know best
And tell me I must eat the rest
I eat my sprouts to make you happy
But you're not pleased to see my nappy.
You could'nt wait till I could get
Across the room alone, and yet
Now I can reach your supper, Dad
Your voice gets loud and you're real mad.
You used to try to make me say
New words for visitors every day
But now when the vicar comes to call
You won't have me in the room at all.
I thought grown-ups were meant to be
So much more sensible than me
But I guess one day I'll grow and find
The reason why grown-ups CHANGE THEIR MIND!
jane solanrobertson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grown-Ups by jane solanrobertson )
- The Sadness Of This World, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Vigna Mukund
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid