Grumpy Monday Morning
I sit by the bed can´t make up my mind lie down or get up.
I used to have a dog it woke me up early I had to take it out
first thing and when it came back it checked every room.
My house has eight rooms each floor is on different level,
in the old days when I held parties friends, full of wine, used
to break legs, the ambulance crew knew my address.
Don´t know what happened to my friends some joined AA and
sent me leaflets about the danger of booze; others simply got
decrepit lost their marbles and went back to their old country.
What to do today, I can read a book, I don´t read much now get
annoyed with writers, who fill pages after pages with verbosity,
I have to skip pages of excellence to get back to the plot.
It is early and I to see a mechanic today about my car, but he is
always late, think I will sleep a bit longer, say, to ten?
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grumpy morning by oskar hansen )
- Rosalinda, Edward Kofi Louis
- Losing Your Temper, Edward Kofi Louis
- Testing Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To Watch My Steps, Edward Kofi Louis
- Must Not Withdraw, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
- To blow the scent of flowers of friendsh.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Badagry, Edward Kofi Louis
- drawn to the mountain, Thomas Leathandrum
- To Reward You, Edward Kofi Louis
- Pysch notes chapter 2, imani halley
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Percy Bysshe Shelley