Grumpy Monday Morning
I sit by the bed can´t make up my mind lie down or get up.
I used to have a dog it woke me up early I had to take it out
first thing and when it came back it checked every room.
My house has eight rooms each floor is on different level,
in the old days when I held parties friends, full of wine, used
to break legs, the ambulance crew knew my address.
Don´t know what happened to my friends some joined AA and
sent me leaflets about the danger of booze; others simply got
decrepit lost their marbles and went back to their old country.
What to do today, I can read a book, I don´t read much now get
annoyed with writers, who fill pages after pages with verbosity,
I have to skip pages of excellence to get back to the plot.
It is early and I to see a mechanic today about my car, but he is
always late, think I will sleep a bit longer, say, to ten?
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grumpy morning by oskar hansen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Mitchell Gonzalez
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Police Car, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- My Little Bird, Alfred Oyori
- Regret, Damian Murphy
- Helpless reasonings, Howard MacDougall
- The first Flight, michael hagwood
- Fake, RJP Patterson
- Bee Bathes In Bliss, Saiom Shriver
- Merry Christmas, lee fones
- Searching For Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Strong Enough, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Past Woes, Naveed Akram