Guide, Comfort And Protector
God is more than just a selector; He is Guide, Comfort and Protector,
Ordaining every path that we take, The Lord is there, make no mistake.
Friend if in life when we should stray, God remains at our side to stay,
Even when we turn to the left or right, we are guided back to His Light.
God guides us in the darkest time; all part of God’s Sovereign design,
To guide us through every place, well supplied by His wonderful grace,
An ample supply in times of despair, guiding us with His love and care,
Leading us on as His very own, though we wander, He guides us home.
In times of trouble God comforts us, by The Comforter of Christ Jesus,
A comfort from God, we truly find, that assures us, with peace of mind,
As God comforts our troubled heart, for we know God will never depart,
He is at our side, both night and day, as He comforts us along the way.
The Lord from above protects His own, displaying power of His Throne,
God shields believers through this life, all by the Power of Jesus Christ,
He helps a troubled heart be still, while in our life, He works out His Will,
All this as God holds us in His hand, in ways that we cannot understand.
Whatever path God selects for you, Christ shall indeed see you through,
As a guide, He knows all your ways, so He can fill your heart with praise,
When Christ guides you from above, He fills you with His peace and love,
As Christ protects you day and night; sheltering you in His awesome light.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Guide, Comfort And Protector by Bob Gotti )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- May I be allowed, gajanan mishra
- The Green Days, Nhuan LeXuan
- leaving the dream ajar, Mandolyn ...
- Androids in my Dream, Rachel Nichols
- The Day Before Christmas 1968, Kyle Schlicher
- Tocaña, Nassy Fesharaki
- Haze your Dream, Antonio Liao
- With gun yielding, hasmukh amathalal
- Along with many, hasmukh amathalal
- No other culture, hasmukh amathalal