O where has lost the word so bright
So tremendous and so glorified?
The storm of modernism- full tide
Swallowed our cultural depths to hide!
Depth to the bottom where all malice is made
Of all our creeds and sacred deeds!
The word 'teacher' may I apply?
Does this word (teacher) really tells that's (Guru) worth?
Not a bit in commercial greed.....!
Still more words are there to apply
The preacher, the the preceptor or again the teacher I say
'Pay the money and buy one', they say.
Whether a 'Guru' costs in coins?
Spending your riches can you buy one fine?
No respect, no honour, no seat
Use till needed, ignore when done is deed!
Oh no! Same it! Hell it aghast!
I dare not insult the post
No other word His state does worth
No match, no comparison can stand to deserve.
Vivek Tiwari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Guru by Vivek Tiwari )
- Adam's Story: Redemption, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- купить крест торетто, kvazy1 kvazy1
- To surrender, gajanan mishra
- Drink, Mark Webster
- Veneration Celebration, Wood Nymph
- My Perfect Moment, Mark Webster
- Yes, I've Started Loving Self!, Nishant Seeker
- Twinkle twinkle little star, ramesh rai
- The Waiting, Jeremy Rascon
- Metaphysical Martyr, James Darwin Smith II
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)