O where has lost the word so bright
So tremendous and so glorified?
The storm of modernism- full tide
Swallowed our cultural depths to hide!
Depth to the bottom where all malice is made
Of all our creeds and sacred deeds!
The word 'teacher' may I apply?
Does this word (teacher) really tells that's (Guru) worth?
Not a bit in commercial greed.....!
Still more words are there to apply
The preacher, the the preceptor or again the teacher I say
'Pay the money and buy one', they say.
Whether a 'Guru' costs in coins?
Spending your riches can you buy one fine?
No respect, no honour, no seat
Use till needed, ignore when done is deed!
Oh no! Same it! Hell it aghast!
I dare not insult the post
No other word His state does worth
No match, no comparison can stand to deserve.
Vivek Tiwari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Guru by Vivek Tiwari )
- The Court of Cassation, Brian J. Stafford
- The Final Goodbye, Naomi Johnson
- Haiku ' Clouds ', miken newman
- A Song Of Living, Amelia Josephine Burr
- My Final Goodbye, Naomi Johnson
- I Remember, Kelly Shanks
- Beautiful heaven, hasmukh amathalal
- Black Thursday, Barry Jablonski
- ... MY FIGHT FOR LIFE..., Ken e Hall
- Show life, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Green Mountain, Li Po
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)