As a stallion, prancing, strong
I held my head above the throng,
Then stooped to kiss the lips so dear
That spoke my life and future here.
I said: I do. Yes, I love you.
Forever will our hearts be true.
And lilting were those words from you
Responding to me: Yes, I do.
The shadows lengthen o'er our home.
I'm absent; ask me why I roam.
Why I give you so much space?
Why seek I more peaceful place?
The lilting notes once in your voice
Are clashing cymbals now by choice.
The music that I once perceived
Disguised it was; I was deceived.
The children that you bore to me
You castigate to the n'th degree.
Now crass the words spew from your tongue
And harsh the sound your morning song.
No glorious future left to me.
Thunderous clouds is all I see;
Absence my only refuge now.
Retrieve that long lost day? O how?
Adeline Foster's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (.Guyana Voices by Adeline Foster )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- বাঁকা চোখে দেখো নাকো, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- Cronyism, Tony Adah
- A Poppy Seed is Only A Poppy Seed and You?, Monk E. Biz
- Look At Me Straight, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- SELF DISCOVERY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The Child and Rain, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- LOVE IS..., Beryl Dov
- Baltic nights, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- the perfect girl, glen pugh
- Raining Love, Sandra Feldman