With a tap, tap, tap, and a good strong back,
Stir the adrenalin, steel and bricks,
Gonna' build and fix,
A new home we'll begin.
With a tap, tap, tap, brand new habitat,
Sweat drippin' off our chin,
Side by side, gonna' work with pride,
Then stand back and grin!
A floor and a door, and lots, lots more,
Put a lovely window in.
Brush with paint, you'll become a saint,
See where you have been.
Another little house, a sturdy little house,
Move an eager family in,
With a tap, tap, tap, on the map, map, map,
Time to start again!
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Habitat by Connie Yost )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- COPLA SESENTA Y UNO: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Niagara, Nassy Fesharaki
- ADEEB QUDSI, THE GREAT MEMORY اديب قدسي .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Purposeful Truths, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- died in faith, kyvin nash
- A Lasting Rhythm, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Raising Children Without Hatred, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Back In The Eighties, Anthony Di'anno
- Fires Of Blazing Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- AS LONG AS AGGRESSION GOES ON, THEN PEOP.., MOHAMMAD SKATI