Hadada Ibis - Lincoln Park Zoo
This little bird is telling you
A hadada ibis new chick
Is hatched at the Lincoln Park Zoo.
I'm both growing and learning quick.
Sub saharan Africa is
Home to my family in kind.
My scimitar bill's good for biz
For digging underground to find
Critters that are yummy to eat.
The red striped bill matches my toes.
Iredescent purple wings - neat!
Wow fashion statement says such clothes.
Why's hadada part of my name?
'Haa-haa-haa-de-dah, ' I proclaim.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hadada Ibis - Lincoln Park Zoo by Ima Ryma )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Oliver Wendell Holmes
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Music, Walter de la Mare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- A Rare Beauty Beheld!, Valsa George
- Why Should We Live........My Friends?, Arindom Borah
- The Wanderer, Victor Kretzie
- Couplets on Life For The Musing Cynicals.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- salvation army, lee fones
- Bulbous red, GRANT FRASER
- Coming future, Luv Artem
- One Christmas Eve From The North...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Cream Dream Catharsis, Joseph Archer
- Public convienences, GRANT FRASER