Framed fine hair within
the mirror a soul comes undone
right in front of death.
Coating cloths of today.
Colors drinking dog's teeth
to annoy the cat's tail.
Cracking and splitting
hairs 2: 01 grief chained
to lips tangled inside a
brush original and pure
beautiful to hair yes
ugly without eyes.
Mask of a dog.
A broken doll
matched for hell.
Calibrated to hang
a nail through
A coat of alpaca
hair spaced the
Christ was crucified
for you and me,
mother and father.
Life is nude a wing
with no hair.
A fog with no rain.
A tree without branches.
Stumped like a black cat
on the wall.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hair by Misty Lackey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(20 June 1952 -)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Rainbow's Promise, renu kakkar
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Don't Reach, Robert Ronnow
- You are all here, gajanan mishra
- Blue Wedding Bells Ring, Ken e Hall
- The Battleground, Leong Ming Loong
- An inner core, hasmukh amathalal
- Indeed I am no good so by Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- 1400 grams of wisdom (Merry Christmas), devon da poet
- Aspirations Inherited, Perveiz Ali
- Chimp Chomp - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Night Sky, Paul Gerard Reed