Je'free Y .
My twin still tries to convince me
That love is a need.
I am good at wearing costumes.
In fact, I've won on many Halloweens.
A tough facade, a hard-to-break shell
Encases my fragility, and I become
A superhero of my own.
It is both a barrier and a weapon.
Scraping mold and stain over the years,
I keep polishing it like a mirror.
A part of me wears nothing but air.
Nudity makes my embarrassed skin
Blush for armor or protective shield.
I think emptiness is nakedness.
Vulnerability kneels in the confession box,
Honest about a need.
My male is a fierce loner,
While my female is a hungry lover.
Each one is trying to break
The fulcrum of my balance -
Marriage, Screwing, Marriage, Screwing...
Half of me is praying for loving.
Je'free Y .'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Half-Nude by Je'free Y . )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
Poem of the Day
- Each Day 2, Michael P. McParland
- Dreams to Follow, Peter S. Quinn
- Each Day, Michael P. McParland
- Leprechauns in Pop's Fedora, Donal Mahoney
- Dreamt Of You 4, Michael P. McParland
- Dreamt Of You 3, Michael P. McParland
- Search of quest, hasmukh amathalal
- Dreamt Of You 2, Michael P. McParland
- Hindutava, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Dreamt Of You, Michael P. McParland