Je'free Y .
My twin still tries to convince me
That love is a need.
I am good at wearing costumes.
In fact, I've won on many Halloweens.
A tough facade, a hard-to-break shell
Encases my fragility, and I become
A superhero of my own.
It is both a barrier and a weapon.
Scraping mold and stain over the years,
I keep polishing it like a mirror.
A part of me wears nothing but air.
Nudity makes my embarrassed skin
Blush for armor or protective shield.
I think emptiness is nakedness.
Vulnerability kneels in the confession box,
Honest about a need.
My male is a fierce loner,
While my female is a hungry lover.
Each one is trying to break
The fulcrum of my balance -
Marriage, Screwing, Marriage, Screwing...
Half of me is praying for loving.
Je'free Y .'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Half-Nude by Je'free Y . )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Give Up the Black, Steven Rhoads
- In Sickness, Elizabeth Shield
- Selective basis, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -38, Ronjoy Brahma
- white paper, binod bastola
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -37, Ronjoy Brahma
- Rename the sun, gajanan mishra
- Hold color, hasmukh amathalal
- NATURE'S FRAGRANCE, Romeo Della Valle
- Evolution, Is It Poetry