Empathy punishes my sleep.
Old familiar waters
Flood my soul.
A grandmother’s tears
Flow from this rock of ages;
My heart bleeds
From a prayer garden
They will need my prayers,
The strength and courage
To carry their own cross;
A child’s handprints
Remain in the heart forever.
Carolyn Brunelle's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Handprints by Carolyn Brunelle )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Applause, Alicia C. Cooper
- August 1427: Abundance, Cole Swensen
- What the Ventriloquists Said, Cole Swensen
- She Buried Three, Alicia C. Cooper
- Oxygen, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Remembering Charlotte, Alicia C. Cooper
- SCARRING, Satish Verma
- you not a good being, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- The Invention of Streetlights, Cole Swensen
- teenage pregnancy, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO