Happily Ever After
The dirty earth will give way,
To the will of my heart today.
I know of the sin you have done,
But I know that you did not do this to hurt anyone.
To love and lose, is a terrible fate,
But take heart in gods good grace,
Because as the air in the grave grows thin,
I will fight for your life and rescue you from within
I will not faultier for your sake,
The love is written upon this page.
Please don't blame yours self It is unfair,
I know that you should not rest in the coffin there.
And as for my armor and for me being a knight,
what valor would it save if I let you lose your life?
I can not leave you be,
because I know that within you, is me,
and as surely as the day is light,
I will save you tonight.
as I take off my armor I dig some more,
I leave it on the ground I could don't mind being poor,
prove to me the reason in a status quoe,
it only brings ignorance,
and that is our foe.
Who are you as you try to draw your last breath,
to give away who you are, to except this death?
Stop it. have you lost your mind?
your life is no longer yours but also mine.
I can't let you give, in,
as I break the coffin and look within,
I reach my hand to your heart,
I will not let you fall apart.
I feel your skin,
as I pick up your body you are so cold.
please forgive me for not being there to hold.
but I'm here now. so please wake up,
I can not let you go to dust.
you say I'm like the words last god,
but you won't wake up to this world we trod.
sleep no more,
come back to me, on the water kissed shore,
I know that you don't want to live,
but this sin is not one that god won't forgive,
come back to me don't leave me now.
I need you in my life, someplace, somehow.
I won't give up I won't give in,
as air rushes back making you rise your skin,
as you breathe the rise and fall of your cheast,
I cry and kiss you, I thought you left us.
thank you so much for coming back I prayed you would.
now come and live your life. this time for good.
a year goes by and now it's just us two,
me hand in hand holding you.
I knew this would happen that you have found.
that life is better above the ground,
and that a love devoted is the love for you.
when you chose me you chose what you rather
now we both have got our happily ever after.
Matthew Moser's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happily Ever After by Matthew Moser )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, William Shakespeare
- The Shoelace, Charles Bukowski
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- A sunflower soul, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- BFF - dOnE - playing kEtCh uP, sEaN nOrTh
- A 360 turn, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- an i like you that way - sweetest thing .., sEaN nOrTh
- Longing, Michael P. McParland
- The Home Here And Hereafter., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- American As Apple Pie?, carol carter
- The Final Litmus Test, michael walkerjohn
- The ascent of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- no one's favorite..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi