Snuggled under the covers
I'm warm and content
I feel you close again tonight
Even though your thousands
Of miles away from here.
I know you are looking out for me
I know that I'm safe tonight
I twirl the ring around my finger
And a grin shows on my face
I'm yours forever.
Your my world
My safe harbor
The one I look to for comfort
The only one who understands
You are a part of me.
You know just what to say
How to make me smile when
All I want to do is cry
I love you so much
You are my dream come true.
Closing my eyes, I smile to myself
Knowing I'll be okay for tonight
Tomorrow is a brand new day
Let go of what happened today
Tomorrow is a new beginning.
No matter what my parents say
I wont let you go
You make me happier
You make me remember why I loved life.
You helped me forget
About my past
And focus on today
Ignore yesterday, that day is over
Today is the day to focus on.
Smiling to myself I fall asleep
With the assurance that I'm safe
That you will be in my thoughts
The moment I wake up
And think of you all day.
Karley Kay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happiness by Karley Kay )
- Flow with time, hasmukh amathalal
- five hundred and whatever..., Mandolyn ...
- Copyrights, Mark Heathcote
- Freedom Not Permitted, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Feel bad, hasmukh amathalal
- Why Do You Want to Destroy?, Mantu Mahakul
- Fibonacci: Cosmic Spiral, Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Reflection On Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Planet Hollywood Birthdays, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Distant Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Percy Bysshe Shelley