Snuggled under the covers
I'm warm and content
I feel you close again tonight
Even though your thousands
Of miles away from here.
I know you are looking out for me
I know that I'm safe tonight
I twirl the ring around my finger
And a grin shows on my face
I'm yours forever.
Your my world
My safe harbor
The one I look to for comfort
The only one who understands
You are a part of me.
You know just what to say
How to make me smile when
All I want to do is cry
I love you so much
You are my dream come true.
Closing my eyes, I smile to myself
Knowing I'll be okay for tonight
Tomorrow is a brand new day
Let go of what happened today
Tomorrow is a new beginning.
No matter what my parents say
I wont let you go
You make me happier
You make me remember why I loved life.
You helped me forget
About my past
And focus on today
Ignore yesterday, that day is over
Today is the day to focus on.
Smiling to myself I fall asleep
With the assurance that I'm safe
That you will be in my thoughts
The moment I wake up
And think of you all day.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happiness by Karley Kay )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
Poem of the Day
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael McParland
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Winter and Christmas, Rimni chakravarty
- - Μουγγό σκυλί (Greek poem), Giorgio A. V.
- Say You Are One of Them, Aysha Ananse
- Astonished, Edward Kofi Louis