When I was child, used to be happy-
on getting new toys and new dress,
Grandma told the stories of angels, or
took to park grandpa my hands, held.
Mom prepared dishes of my wishes or
in the school, declared sudden holiday.
My friends knocked door asking go to play
or I got better marks than him, when he say.
When we won matches and got trophies
Waves touched my feet standing at beach.
When saw naughty act or smile of a child,
beautiful faces or the couple loving each.
When things are done wrong by others
I feel me superior, therefore got happier.
If my things went wrong tried to keep hide
became happy, when secretly I repaired.
Getting achieved my accomplishments
or cling what I need, I become happy;
and when the people admire my actions,
things come free of cost and effortlessly.
I always loved sharing fun and gossips,
felt most happy moments with my friends.
Happiness gets increased when it is shared
and sharing with friends, sadness is lessened.
Feeling of happiness enhanced greatly,
whenever I could make happy someone.
I felt happy keeping away sad situations,
I got happiness by attaining satisfaction.
Lastly, I realize happiness lies in own soul,
in one’s good conscience and good deeds.
Lord! who blessed everything to be happy
To keep Him happy too one should do things.
S.D. TIWARI's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happiness by S.D. TIWARI )
- My nature is to write, gajanan mishra
- Two Rings, Shannon Paterson
- Dreams Incarnate, Dylan Engelbrecht
- The Rose, Neela Nath
- No one to question, hasmukh amathalal
- She does, hasmukh amathalal
- Multi-dimensional; heavens?, Mark Heathcote
- Watch, ramesh rai
- You Know I Do, Michael McParland
- Drowning, Neela Nath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)