Happy when the sun comes out,
And the darkness leaves for light,
Happy when the rainbow shines,
And the birds they take their flight.
Happy when you see someone,
Someone close to your heart,
Happy when you meet someone,
And you know you can never part.
Happy when school’s cancelled,
So you can go and have some fun,
Happy when you go and run,
When all the studying’s done.
Happy when you see your friends,
You see them laugh and call,
Happy when you go over to them,
And you start to have a ball.
Happy when your favourite food,
Is on the table waiting for you,
Happy when that dress you wanted,
Is waiting for you too.
Happy when you argued with your best friend,
And you discover that you were right,
But even happier when she,
Apologises and hugs you tight.
Happy when you find out that,
Your favourite star’s in town,
Happy when you go to his concert,
Jumping up and down.
Happy when you taste success,
And it tastes so sweet to you,
There is happiness in every
Single little thing you do.
Anandita Bhalerao's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy by Anandita Bhalerao )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Got Lost in Your Eyes, Hebert Logerie
- Crawling Into Bed, Michael McParland
- Prime Truth - 95, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 94, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Whatever Happened?, Mark Kosek
- Prime Truth - 93, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Lacertilian Writers, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Painful Throbbing Tides, Michael McParland
- This World, Sandra Feldman
- Prime Truth - 92, Pranab K. Chakraborty