In a world seen by us in shades of gray
There is someone comparable to sun,
I could tell so much things today
But you won't know about them, you have again to run.
I long for giving you a star but something went so wrong
And all the stars seem to be choking with water
Sometimes it's hard to maintain yourself strong
While the world is falling apart and the source is getting hotter.
Today a star, tomorrow a water in your glass
Maybe a piece of heavenly sun can also cry
Everything and everyone left in the past
Leaves behind themselves a trail of lie.
A drowned star a minute later is a snowflake in the drop
What water is, will then return to water
Only the bright rays of sun will never stop
Losing sight of every our floater.
You need to run, you overtake the hurricane wind
That I wish to catch to give you today
In that wind was a song, but I can not sing
Ever since when people began for your pictures are pray.
One day the wind may encounter with the flaming fire
That shines brightly and is able to warm
This is exactly what makes aspire
A star still not a gift, because I can not hold it in my arm.
I believe that you can own everything
And yes, about many things we have to be silent
And I believe that happiness is waiting for you, I believe
You deserve the greatest star, your own dwarf or giant.
Even being just a man
And not the one, who for crowds shines so bright
And being just a humane
Lend a helping hand into the night
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy Birthday by Ksania Bezier )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Blue or Green, James Galvin
- By Sun Arisen, Saiom Shriver
- From Weapon To Lifegiver, Saiom Shriver
- Ars Poetica (cocoons), Dana Levin
- A Self-defeating Victory, Rajesh Thankappan
- One With The Infinite God, Saiom Shriver
- I See The Ground, Naveed Akram
- Tears And Smiles..., Khairul Ahsan
- Prefix: Finding The Measure, Robert Kelly
- EbOnY fL0wEr$ - Scene From Ivory Towers, sEaN nOrTh