Dr John Celes
‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
Your birthday makes you one year older, child!
Be happy that you know the world that’s wild;
Let knowledge make you wiser by the day;
Let truth and perseverance guide your way!
A lot of things good can be done on earth;
There is no time to fret or fume since birth;
Just do your duty and God does the rest;
Live with the hope that you can do your best!
Mere human toil can’t bring success in life;
Great patience works as balm amidst our strife;
The morrow will take care of itself dear;
Live for this day and spend life without fear!
‘Wish you a Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’ by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Just stupid, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- To Efe Benjamin, Electric Lady
- You chose the gift above the giver!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra