Dr John Celes
‘Happy Birthday, Mum! '
Your ninety years’ of love
To children and all, prove
The mother great and wife,
That you had been all life!
You slogged all life
As mother, wife;
With dogged days rife,
What wisdom fills your heart,
In things, you’ve done from start!
God bless you mother dear,
And help you better hear,
And keep you from all fear,
And any earthly tear!
‘Happy Birthday, Mum! (10-30-2007)
Avoid becoming glum.’
Lovingly dedicated to my dear mother
Mrs.Stella Antoniswami, CBE
By son Celestine, wife Mercy and
Grand-daughters Cathy ad Diana
Copyright by Dr John Celes 10-30-2007
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (‘Happy Birthday, Mum! ' by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Face Of A Kept Selfishness, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Can't, Edgar Albert Guest
- Tomorrow, Edgar Albert Guest
- VICTORY, Tom Zart
- A fly on the wall, Jeta Rexha
- The Invitation Poem (KRUTAGYATA '14), Abhinit Chute (abz)
- our fear, Marcus the v.
- ଅଭିଶପ୍ତ ଅଗ୍ନିପିଣ୍ଡ, Suman Kumar Das
- As Fall The Leaves, Edgar Albert Guest
- My Creed, Edgar Albert Guest