Dr John Celes
Happy Easter to All
He who had come down from heaven to earth,
He who was Lord but became man by birth,
He who triumphed over satan and death,
Has risen to life to give the world, mirth!
He who suffered for mankind’s sins on cross,
He who washed apostles’ feet, although boss,
He who performed miracles without pause,
Is back to life; He is the Lord because!
The Lamb of God took on the sins of world;
The Son of God was crowned with thorns and hurled;
His battered body bled and lay so cold;
But for his Father’s sake, he was brave, bold!
The love of God for man was truly shown;
Jesus Christ was his only son and own;
To redeem sinners, on earth, he was born;
He’ll come again with glory, one fine morn!
Light has prevailed over darkness forev’r;
The gates of hell had failed to lock this soul;
All repentant sinners can gain heaven;
The blood of Christ was ransom paid for all!
We thank you God for resurrecting Christ;
We Christians vow to be his soldiers first;
He is the water for our divine thirst;
With Christ, we’ll brave life’s storms however worst!
“Happy Easter to all! ”
Copyright by Dr John Celes 31-03-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Happy Easter to All by Dr John Celes )
- This Is Our Mega City, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.55, Monk E. Biz
- Global Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)