Happy New Year 2014
A glorious sight for all to see,
Beautiful colours dancing over the trees.
People abound, no room to move,
They're all laughing and cheering to the New Year groove.
The boats on the harbour, all lit up for show,
Lights reflections on the water, purely magic you know.
Children in tears, scared from the noise,
Parents comforting them, with laughter and toys.
Another year over, another begun,
A kiss for the New Year, always cherish that one.
Glasses raised for the new year of 2014,
Moments to treasure, friends to adore.
Happy New Year!
Lyn Poulton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy New Year 2014 by Lyn Poulton )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Under the Mistletoe, Kwai Chee Low
- Silent Nature, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sorry, Sorry, Sorry To Say That, Pijush Biswas
- Let Me Stand Here, gajanan mishra
- Quack, Quack says the Duck, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Another Christmas (without you), Marites C. Cayetano
- What Is Life, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Open Door, Natalie Nicole Story
- Savages, Sally Matthews
- The Afterthought, Dankaro Osazee