You must take me for a fool,
if you think I do not know.
To think that I would never find out.
You'd think me silly to let this go
so why puzzle why I’m mad?
Why do you ask what is wrong?
When it's your footsteps that make the noise.
Did you think I would not find out?
And how naive of you to believe
that I should let this go.
I’ve let you use me, through and through.
I've let you tear me down in all I do.
I’ve let you hurt me!
So did you really think
That I could ever let this go?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hard by maria goodison )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- RISE AND FALL, Beryl Dov
- BLACK THUMB 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- WITLESS 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- LEARNING FROM EXPERIENCE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- HUMBLE WISHES 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- LIES VS. TRUTH 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- REJOICE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Against My Will, Emmanuel George Cefai
- MONEY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Sitting on the desk, Emmanuel George Cefai