He and she
He asked: “Why do you love me,
Even when I hurt you?
Even when I have nothing to offer?
Even when world is against us? ”
She smiled and walked away
Hiding those tears which threatened
To fall and form another stream
But, never answered that question
In her silent tears,
In her heart was the answer
Which was evident like daylight,
Which he failed to see or understand.
She whispered to herself:
“Will he ever understand
Why gardener loves his roses
Though they have hurting thorns?
Will someone tell him
Why a mother loves
Even her most deformed child?
Is it beyond his understanding
That love is beyond all reasons? ”
Deepa Thomas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (He and she by Deepa Thomas )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Autumn Sky, Ronald Chapman
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -44, Ronjoy Brahma
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -43, Ronjoy Brahma
- Proposal (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Mystery, Kyle Schlicher
- only Dfence against the rythym - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -42, Ronjoy Brahma
- Clubfoot, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Cabaret Ludwig, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- love is, Gicaniro Will