He Did Not Budge
He budged not, he budged not,
Emphatically the words denied the words
As speech rallied forth due to conspiracies
Attacking one's strength, into the madhouse.
Something to remember was the sickness,
Something of the sickness was to remember.
Its declarations were vomiting,
Best to pluck the feathers,
And break away from glorious illness,
Such was the sickness of the days that were dallied.
Days of the best boats read their mischief and calls,
To write now was to stay smaller than everybody.
Gathering me was like gaining bread and butter
To be made anew after every avenue,
Twitching to the side of us,
Twisting the lying flowers to the right,
And then to the left.
The world was a killing feudalism,
Raining down like the thunderstorms.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (He Did Not Budge by Naveed Akram )
- The Picture Book At The End Of The World, mary douglas
- O women, gajanan mishra
- Storm, Md. Asadullah
- To Fall, Morgan Michaels
- Folks You Can't Forget, Donal Mahoney
- Sara, Birgitta Heikka
- ZZ Ebola Seen In Light Of The 1976 Swine.., Saiom Shriver
- As a salesman, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Eyes Lock, Saiom Shriver
- Gods Will Be Watching, Kaio Clark
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)