He is in me.
He smiled at me,
i didn't smile back,
he asked me 'why'.
must not have heard him,
didn't see his smile,
must not have listened,
his words fell on deaf ears,
only deaf to his voice.
Looking at me while people crowded my path,
he tried to step closer,
all i did was step back.
He screamed over the crowd,
so they pushed me deeper,
into...wherever they were pushing me,
couldn't help but hear him,
he was too far to see,
so i spoke his name,
and he set me free.
No more crowds,
people lost their strength,
what was in me once,
fell....l i m p,
and i gained something new.
(Greater is he that is in me,
then he that is in the world.)
Sandra jacks's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (He is in me. by Sandra jacks )
- When you know God, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Hymn, Sir Henry Wotton
- Raja Ravi Varma, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Psalm CIV, Sir Henry Wotton
- Friendship, Afshan Fatima
- Shaking Off The Finger Tip, Is It Poetry
- Golden Glow, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- A Prayer, Nicholas Breton
- Invective: The Hate Of Treason, Nicholas Breton
- Goodbye Elias, Tony Adah
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)