Head Above Water
Playing 'Sweep Me Away' until my speakers blow,
I'm living a life they don't want to know.
Jesus is for me, that's all I believe
They're so hard against me, there's no chance breathe.
Anger and frustration, I do my best to hide,
But my disgust for their hipocracy will never subside.
'You're a failure of a son, you never pull your load-
Wait, there's the phone, we're putting this on hold'.
Now I'm here, gone away, broken heart inside,
Praying 'Parent' and 'Provider' will one day collide.
Blind are the eyes, grown cold are the souls
of those who disfigure their God-given roles.
Quit gambling daily with my love and emotion.
My target of pain isn't as vast as the ocean.
Sooner or later, you'll hit my bullseye.
All I'll say as a sink is one word - 'Why? '.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Head Above Water by Alex M.ller )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- ERIOBOTYRA شجرة الاكي دنيا - بشملة - الم.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Uphill Fight, Maverick Jones
- I am Palestine, RiRi S...
- coasting on lucid language, Mandolyn Davidson
- गोरबोनि देँखो, Ronjoy Brahma
- grenadier guards, lee fones
- I was not that lucky, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- the jar has more than wasps, Mandolyn Davidson
- A prayer to my Pagli..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Swabby Ship Shanty, Samantha Pearson