Head Above Water
Playing 'Sweep Me Away' until my speakers blow,
I'm living a life they don't want to know.
Jesus is for me, that's all I believe
They're so hard against me, there's no chance breathe.
Anger and frustration, I do my best to hide,
But my disgust for their hipocracy will never subside.
'You're a failure of a son, you never pull your load-
Wait, there's the phone, we're putting this on hold'.
Now I'm here, gone away, broken heart inside,
Praying 'Parent' and 'Provider' will one day collide.
Blind are the eyes, grown cold are the souls
of those who disfigure their God-given roles.
Quit gambling daily with my love and emotion.
My target of pain isn't as vast as the ocean.
Sooner or later, you'll hit my bullseye.
All I'll say as a sink is one word - 'Why? '.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Head Above Water by Alex M.ller )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- upon new year's, Ivana Valasik
- Double Jeopardy, David Lewis Paget
- Mining artwork narratives from Sydney Bi.., Danny Draper
- I want to change the language, Danny Draper
- Conference confinement, Danny Draper
- Lunch in the Art Gallery of NSW members .., Danny Draper
- Vulnerability, Valsa George
- Arbitrary (an acronym for beaurocracy), Danny Draper
- The Great Avarice Belief, Danny Draper
- Five Liner- Another Dawn, Valsa George