HEADLINES AROUND THE GLOBE... OCT 28TH,2013
HEADLINES AROUND THE GLOBE… OCT 28TH,2013
The ongoing Senate scandal shows that we have little control,
Our senators were appointed - no election, so they’re on a roll,
Therefore we may not know who they are in that bright Red Chamber,
Therefore each and every one of them could be a complete stranger.
So much for our democracy; there’s something obviously wrong,
Though appointed party politicians think the whole system is strong,
They say they can’t be fired no matter how or if they cheat,
Claim he-said or she-said this or that so the system may be beat.
Our continuous scandal has made headlines around the globe,
Maybe the cops should come and have an investigative probe,
But party members, like religious groups believe that they are right,
And the system can’t be changed because they have a green light.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (HEADLINES AROUND THE GLOBE... OCT 28TH,2013 by James Bredin )
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John