Healing A Broken Heart
Healing a Broken Heart
Dear Heavenly Father,
This title is so personal that it hurts.
This is my heart we are talking about.
It is mending…slowly… but most days, it feels broken anew.
I speak for myself and my family.
I speak for those who have not yet found their voice; their pain
is too fresh, too great.
And I speak for all who felt they had no way out except to
end their tortured lives.
How sad for all of us, Father.
Please hold us when we cry.
Please collect all our tears in Your bottle (Ps 56: 8, NLT) .
Please pick us up before we falter and fall.
Some days, I hear Your sweet voice speaking softly in my ear,
O My blessed child, I do weep when you weep.
Your grief has reached heaven and our sadness matches yours.
But all is not lost.
We know what awaits you and your child
who was laid to rest.
He is taking a dirt nap, and for him,
It will seem like it just began…
He won’t remember the time.
And he won’t think to ask any more than you will.
You see, My coming will be so stunning,
so spectacular that nothing you have ever experienced
Weep on, My child, until relief comes…I have plenty of bottles. Just know that weeping will not last forever. It will end and then the joy will follow; a new morning filled with fantastic joy!
Gracie Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Healing A Broken Heart by Gracie Thompson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Carlos Drummond de Andrade
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- The Tiger, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Recipe To Live, Asma Riaz Khan
- Mind Over Matter (Scream), Joseph Archer
- Jesus among Us, michael hagwood
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Loving Lips, V P Mahur
- Am Winterwehr, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Christmas Midnight - Christ - Mitternacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Holy Night - Weihnacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen