I lay shrouded by blankets,
My shallow breathing could be heard in snippets.
I lay and wondered why was I still breathing,
Even though my heart had long stopped beating.
I had been rescued from drowning they say,
But why did you save me tell me I pray.
I tell you it was an accident,
But my conscience screams that it was a deliberate incident.
I felt the waves embrace me as I fell down in the sea,
Of all the ppl in this world it was chosen to be me.
I'd fought with it and won with a terrible mess,
The fight did all to me and left me heartless.
Isabella Francis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heartless by Isabella Francis )
- Teenage Love, Sentamu Aziz
- Jaja's Days, Sentamu Aziz
- The cup, Dunya Mikhail
- Stepping on the stars, Jeri Martindale
- Not Without Pain, Margaret Moran
- Intensity Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Oh, Music O`mine Heart, Sir Toby
- I AM WORRIED, Aftab Alam
- Christmas Wish, Sentamu Aziz
- Awake to Work, Sentamu Aziz
Poem of the Day
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Prison Cell, Mahmoud Darwish
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)