I lay shrouded by blankets,
My shallow breathing could be heard in snippets.
I lay and wondered why was I still breathing,
Even though my heart had long stopped beating.
I had been rescued from drowning they say,
But why did you save me tell me I pray.
I tell you it was an accident,
But my conscience screams that it was a deliberate incident.
I felt the waves embrace me as I fell down in the sea,
Of all the ppl in this world it was chosen to be me.
I'd fought with it and won with a terrible mess,
The fight did all to me and left me heartless.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heartless by Isabella Francis )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Abhangs (A Short Collection), Sant Tukaram
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- কবিতাপল্লি, Hanzala Han
- Other Guys, Amber Carr
- I've Got Time, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Vultures Meal, Tiger Auntunette
- Nothing can break the focus., Sumita Jetley
- Ever So Cute, riya misi
- Unlock From Sockets, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- PRAY OUT YOUR PAST, Michael P. Johnson
- Christmas, Titiksa Dugar
- alphabet you two bucks you drive a truck, Mandolyn ...