You never told me
to take care
because now I see
your heart was never there.
I met you
and thought to myself
that I could love you, too,
but you only cared about yourself.
I looked for your heart
but could find nothing in the start,
but a single lump of coal.
So I looked
still nothing came,
but a hole of complete darkness
and the thought of me being the blame.
I tried even looking onward;
past this dreadful shrew,
but I was only looking toward
a heart that never grew.
I cannot leave her
I lie to you not
because I know I'm the cure
to this heartless plot.
Then I began
to find a lost cause
because to infect my heart was your plan
I still lie to you not,
but now I lay my head to rest
and my heart begins to rot.
Daniel Warner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heartless by Daniel Warner )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Destinations On The River Styx..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- My Eternal Companion, Tushar Ray
- As we so the world, Aftab Alam
- Pinching Solitude, lalitha iyer
- Forgotten, Donald R Wolff JR
- Art of Hug, maria sudibyo
- Don't Brake The Wings, Arno Le Roux
- They Said, Lonnie Hicks
- Taken As Directed., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Exercises Of The Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak