You never told me
to take care
because now I see
your heart was never there.
I met you
and thought to myself
that I could love you, too,
but you only cared about yourself.
I looked for your heart
but could find nothing in the start,
but a single lump of coal.
So I looked
still nothing came,
but a hole of complete darkness
and the thought of me being the blame.
I tried even looking onward;
past this dreadful shrew,
but I was only looking toward
a heart that never grew.
I cannot leave her
I lie to you not
because I know I'm the cure
to this heartless plot.
Then I began
to find a lost cause
because to infect my heart was your plan
I still lie to you not,
but now I lay my head to rest
and my heart begins to rot.
Daniel Warner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heartless by Daniel Warner )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Too much, hasmukh amathalal
- Beer, Britton DeJong
- A Flower Is To See, Not To Kiss Or Smell, Bijay Kant Dubey
- In the forest, Philo Yan
- The Devil Called On Me, louis rams
- Papa Says That The Son Will Make A Name, Bijay Kant Dubey
- When I see, you come to me as a poem, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Church Of Souls, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After Kissing The Drunk Girl, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Awaiting Fulfillment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak