Heaven are you really there?
Are you an actual creation
That merits my fervent prayer,
Or a mere figment of my imagination?
As I scan the skies, I wonder what one day I'll find…
A supernatural place of magnanimous proportion?
That only a deity could have designed,
Or nothing more than religious extortion.
What is out there that may await me…
A fourth dimension of unlimited rewards?
Heaven help me; please don't bait me.
I beg you from down here in the midst of the hoards.
Until that moment arrives and I pass from this earth,
I will maximize all positive abilities I can employ.
I will love and truly live each moment with mirth,
Believing reward will be eternal happiness and joy.
Gregory Huyette's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heaven by Gregory Huyette )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The manners to follow while elders get u.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Zerschlagene Heart:, Sherry Painter
- Haiku- Oh flowers, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Addiction, Jared Hirsch
- Exceptional, gajanan mishra
- Bloom Dream - Blütentraum, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- जोँ सोरजिगिरिनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- poor perfect pirate, Mandolyn Davidson
- Awaiting for Battle, Maverick Jones
- ERIOBOTYRA شجرة الاكي دنيا - بشملة - الم.., MOHAMMAD SKATI