Which news threw the household
into dire confusion. She sang-
so now we'd need to rename
the bloody thing.
But what? Stevie, perhaps, or
Jeff, maybe, or Bill?
Imagine our consternation when
out from Hebe flew another trill.
What should it be?
Hourly, we badgered Grandma
who smiled, not unpleasantly,
pleased to be arbitor
in so delicate a matter.
She thought and thought
of what was right and meet
and finally, God-like, delivered her verdict:
'Let he be Hebe. Change naught'.
So we did as she bid-Hebe kept his name
but sang alot
and that was the end of that.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hebe II by Morgan Michaels )
- 74, Naveed Khalid
- Femme Fatale, Naveed Khalid
- LIFE IS CLOUDY, BUT THERE WILL BE NO RAINS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Qytetit tim, skender iljaz braka
- While my eyes delight at you, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Celestial String of Pearls, Harley White
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan