Her Fault Not
Her love so long gone,
Her mistake it was not,
Her duty she had without complain done,
For nine months she had carried,
Even though heavy she was relieved,
But this her expectation had been stolen,
Whose fault was these?
After nine months,
Then there came pain,
Pain of being a mother,
Pain of carrying that baby,
Pain of unfulfilled expectations,
Pain that she might never look at him and smile,
Was it her fault?
Now as she holds her womb,
Her hopes once again revived,
But, deep down fear engulfs her,
Afraid that it might not be a repeat,
Earnestly she prays in her sleep,
That this time round,
She won`t have to look and cry,
Because it will never be her fault.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Her Fault Not by Maselo George )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- INCONSTANT LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- HAIKU...The Good Die Young, Ken e Hall
- I Know, Lyn Paul
- Those Who Know, Monk E. Biz
- peaches on the side, Mandolyn ...
- i could have made s'mores, Mandolyn ...
- Song: State of Fear, Dave SmithWhite
- there's an element in the room, Mandolyn ...
- Goodbye 2014, Michael McParland
- Holding Moments In Cupped Hands, RoseAnn V. Shawiak