Here will be echoes in the mountains...
Here will be echoes in the mountains,
The distant landslides' rumbling boom,
The rocks, the dwellings in the village,
The sorry little inn, the gloom
Of something black beyond the Terek,
Clouds moving heavily. Up there
The day was breaking very slowly;
It dawned, but light was nowhere near.
One sensed the heaviness of darkness
For miles ahead around Kazbek
Wound on the heights: though some were trying
To throw the halter from their neck.
As if cemented in an oven,
In the strange substance of a dream,
A pot of poisoned food, the region
Of Daghestan there slowly steamed.
Its towering peaks towards us rolling,
All black from top to foot, it strained
To meet our car, if not with clashing
Of daggers, then with pouring rain.
The mountains were preparing trouble.
The handsome giants, fierce and black,
Each one more evil than the other
Were closing down upon our track.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Here will be echoes in the mountains... by Boris Pasternak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Love, Howard, Rebecca Leidner
- LOOK AT ME!, Denis Martindale
- It's All Lemon Chiffon, mary douglas
- Images, Justin Reamer
- In The Shoemaker's Shop, mary douglas
- We humans, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Poet Seer thrive, Emmanuel George Cefai
- In the meadows of the Night, Emmanuel George Cefai
- In the sadness of the night, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Not long, Emmanuel George Cefai