Danny The Dreamer Boyd
Hero ' That's Not Who I Became '
Every time I look in the mirror I see:
The same sad hero; staring back at me.
And whenever I try to put by that portrait on the wall:
I have a flashback of, my rise and fall.
But fall did I not, or perhaps not just yet?
Or maybe it's about, not letting me forget:
All the sins I've committed, and all the mistakes I've made;
That piled up together and shaped a shiny blade.
And it cuts through my guts, and leads me to regret:
This lost life of mine, and my never ending debt;
To only myself, yes to just me alone,
Alas! I've always flied solo, and on my own.
For it's easier not to on anyone depend;
Albeit the price is, a lone life to spend.
But it's the reason I am the hero that I am today;
Or is it all in my head? And I am only astray!
Afield, amiss; but what if I already know?
And still keep walking, as towards any glow I go!
Remembering my dark past, that I without;
Wouldn't have ended up here, utterly worn out.
And then slowly all the shame started to fade;
When I came to terms with my hero who grayed.
For it's not always about: when and where to shine;
If you finally do, for all heroes at times decline.
And then I looked again at that Hero in the frame;
And turned back to the mirror to know: That's Not Who I Became!
Danny The Dreamer Boyd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hero ' That's Not Who I Became ' by Danny The Dreamer Boyd )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Rain, Devin Lasker
- Lyrics Lifted Aloft, Saiom Shriver
- Who Are They?, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Broken Marriage, Donal Mahoney
- New York City, Dawson Walter Smith
- I will turn my eyes from you, Nero CaroZiv
- In Concert Tonight, Donal Mahoney
- January 1st,2015, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher
- One Needs The Other, Kyle Schlicher