She ended in the room
All around the windows and the walls
Hits the walls
I observe with surprise
I see her when she falls
I reach out to save her, her claws
“Oh my eye”
I cry and retract
She knows me
I know her
When and how?
We don’t know.
But our looks wait and see
“Who’ll start? ”
So did she
No hi, bye
She has left
Her looks though
Waiting looks for a hi
Like the claws of that bird
Are in eyes and in mind; even heart
“Who was she?
Why not I?
Why not her?
Neither one said hi, bye.”
Nassy Fesharaki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hi-Bye by Nassy Fesharaki )
- The Daughter of the Earth - 21, gajanan mishra
- Self - Raising, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sunshine In Your Eyes, Eleonor Santiago
- Run, run, run and running, gajanan mishra
- Run, run, run, gajanan mishra
- What About Tomorrow, Claude H Oliver II
- My Time, Claude H Oliver II
- The ball, gajanan mishra
- Thousand Lullabies, Eleonor Santiago
- Highest Sky, Eleonor Santiago
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)