Every day my minds shows me what I want most.
These thoughts, these feelings, it hurts knowing that we can’t be together.
It feels as if I’m standing behind a window, looking, watching you walk away.
My heart tells me constantly, “Man up, ask her, stop being so scared! ”
But I can’t, I’ve tried. It just won’t come out right.
Though, my feelings aren’t mutual.
We pass each other everyday, but it feels false.
I feel as if I’m someone else, like a shadow forced to watch.
Though, did someone else win your heart before I did?
This thought, tortures me, and I feel like Jesus being crucified to the cross.
Being friends was never the goal when we met.
You were always the one. The girl, men should jump over the moon for.
The girl of my dreams. The girl that makes this wretched world worth living in.
I’ve been feeling like this for awhile now. Maybe too long.
But maybe if you knew this from the beginning. Maybe you’d feel the same way too.
Khaleel Steir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hidden Feelings by Khaleel Steir )
- Performing A Musical, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Separation of the women who resemble sui.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The Light The Night Sows, Walid Lounes Bouzerar
- Lasting Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heart condition, Ibrar Siddiqi
- A Poet's Echo, Nate Flying Owl
- did the clergy man create chaos when the.., Mandolyn ...
- Path Of No Resistance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If Love... The This Follow...., Luis Estable
- Can This Be My Mistake, Luis Estable
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)