Hide And Seek
You remember that tube-well?
How I filled my little bucket,
And we sprayed all the water around,
A bucket full of joy.
And when we chased butterflies
In those bushes of laughter,
When I brushed your curly hair,
How your sweet giggle rang.
Butterflies, I set them free.
You always said,
I was so awful at fishing.
At the riverside in long afternoons
When your little rose reddened
With frustration and anger.
It was all I fished for.
You will be sad to know this,
Our little mud castle
Was washed away in one rain.
The Gulmohar we planted together
Has grown big but it's still young.
Trees never grow old,
They never leave their air...
Now this game of hide and seek
Has gone too long;
The sun is about to set.
Tired, I give up now,
Com'on and say 'Den! '.
I am waiting.
Let's play a new game.
Ankur Shrivastava's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hide And Seek by Ankur Shrivastava )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Collect Call to: F. J. Thomas..., Monk E. Biz
- Bed Time, Michael McParland
- Trepidation, Laura Milner
- Yes September, gajanan mishra
- A RAINING AFTER DROUGHT, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Illuminating, Mark Heathcote
- Over looking choice, Jessica Dehn
- The Wine Effect, I Am Krakatoa
- Light Foot xx xxx xx Original 12 28.., Lee Mack
- changing the world, Frederick J.B. Moore II