Old Rose Celine
What made me want to look back at my past?
Why is it so difficult to heed the haste of time?
What could have been better?
Which had enveloped my thoughts of dismay?
Smoothen out the touch of confusion
Dismantle not the naked truth
If these are all but musty,
How can I put things in order?
How can I manage the hands of time?
And refresh them back to enliven the staleness?
My mind commands me to give up,
But thoughts of simple insights
Block any path of pessimism,
Lest, a shade of light can pull apart
The confusion that lingers in my mind
I know how life can be so enigmatic,
Yet, my perceptions of the truth
Reveal the dilemma of a solitary life
There goes plenty of time to meditate
And discard all my inhibitions
There lay my cards of certainty,
Always looking forward to a brighter side
Old Rose Celine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Higgledy-Piggledy by Old Rose Celine )
- The Saffron Drape, Aftab Alam
- My birthday song, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Highway of Holiness, Terrance Tracy
- Hey Big Guy, My Kindred Soul, Noah Body
- COPLA 112 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- is happening the Is, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- What you will get, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The basic ideas Turned, Emmanuel George Cefai
- He feigned, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The echoes plained, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(20 September 1902 – 7 March 1971)
(1886 - 1967)
(23 July 1823 - 26 November 1896)
(26 November 1731 – 25 April 1800)