High Priestess of the Cave, Pirate Adventures (10)
Pernicious thoughts swelter on my brow
stalemates my heart, desperate for a move,
another failure I will disavow,
held in check, more viciousness to prove?
Her enticing voice calls through ghostly air
speaks my name, sweet cadence in her tone;
I feel the beast retreat in horrid fear
dig his teeth in red marrow of my bone.
I withdraw my blade floating in a trance
basking find the benediction of her eyes
her flowing robes enthralling female stance
my fearsome beast cowers weak inside.
Black roaming hair tinged translucent red
phasing light with purple shimmer waves
jeweled dragons warm her inner nakedness
witches praise the High Priestess of the Cave.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (High Priestess of the Cave, Pirate Adventures (10) by Captain Cur )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Silence Is A Beauty To Endure, Monk E. Biz
- Home, Kindred velarde
- Why? Why? Why?, Praghyanjali Pal
- I Cannot At Will Summon The Tone Of Beauty, Shalom Freedman
- O, God, Neela Nath
- The Seed of Greatness, Silas Egbowon
- Metamorphosis, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Scent of the Rain, Steven Rhoads
- Limits to Eternity, The Princess
- Reflecting Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak