Highlights In Her Hair
While travelling in the train today,
I saw a pretty sight,
A teenage girl stood backing me,
Cloaked in pure sunlight.
The train was very crowded,
I know not what she wore,
But her long hair was like spun silk,
Like molten gold, it seemed to pour.
'Aha! ' I smugly smiled and thought,
'Someone's been busy at the spa;
She must have paid a fortune,
For highlights beyond par..'
And then she turned...and then I saw,
that she lived upon the street,
From her ragged dress and grimy face,
To her thin and poor barefeet.
Her pretty face was weary,
In the sun she worked for hours;
Her hair was streaked in golden waves,
Like the sun beams down on flowers.
No fancy spa could replicate,
those highlights in her hair;
For God created beauty,
is way beyond compare.
Roann Mendriq's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Highlights In Her Hair by Roann Mendriq )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Colors Of The Rainbow, Anthony Daniels
- Hiccup, binod bastola
- Life and death..how we come and how we g.., krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- You need me, gajanan mishra
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- poetic shenanigans, lee fones
- Homecoming, prasenjit banerjee
- She knows now, hasmukh amathalal
- I am on the top, gajanan mishra
- Invocation, Hans Raj Sharma