RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Highways Of Loneliness
Let me look to the highways of loneliness ahead, for there will I find the companion of my sorrow.
Walking through tearful puddles of my own doing, feeling the hurt and pain of remorse deeply within.
Never allowing it the freedom to roam about, containing it forever in a memory buried beneath my brain.
Solemnly taken away in the ever-changing, widening circles of my destiny.
Feathering through images, alighting upon none of them to preserve my soul and mind from separating through ever-eventful suicides.
Holding hands with notes of past requiem masses, stepping in time, the rhythm of death placating society's whims.
Fantasies abounding, taking flight when the truth of sorrow wins on every score.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Highways Of Loneliness by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Uphill Fight, Maverick Jones
- I am Palestine, RiRi S...
- coasting on lucid language, Mandolyn Davidson
- गोरबोनि देँखो, Ronjoy Brahma
- grenadier guards, lee fones
- I was not that lucky, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- the jar has more than wasps, Mandolyn Davidson
- A prayer to my Pagli..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Swabby Ship Shanty, Samantha Pearson
- In Praise of Nobility (Sixteen), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu