Highways of Time
Could you ride the Stallions of time?
Could you chase the Goblins of rhyme?
Catch the tail of the serpent of ages,
Fight the demons, surviving their rages!
If you succeed in this and still be able,
You may search the galaxy for fact and fable,
Finding the answers, your reward? your purse?
To be, at last, as One, with the universe!
George Howard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Highways of Time by George Howard )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
Henry David Thoreau
(12 July 1817 – 6 May 1862)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Friendship, Henry David Thoreau
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- thousands of dreams and a lost love, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Time, Michael P. McParland
- Merry Christmas, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Diversity, hafiz qasim
- my Poetry, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Thought About You, Michael P. McParland
- The World, Michael P. McParland
- The Wind, Michael P. McParland
- Maker of Sensibilities, hafiz qasim
- View from my heart, chazz blomme