Fleurette Elaine Harris
Still forever changing
Cold like firmament
Seeing all things
Giving no light to anything and to nothing
Invisible to those who can’t behold
Visible to only the initiated
Emotionless, shivering cold!
Yet traced with compassion?
Or is it unrest?
His eyes speak words like clouds
Confusing in a curious array
His eyes streak verbs of doubt
Challenging your vision of the light of day.
His eyes entrap your mind like magnet
compelling you to look
Deep within your soul.
His eyes personify depth;
You lose your step as you fall
Deep down below the darkness where
There exists a light in his eyes.
Once you find the light in his eyes
You will never be the same again.
Through his eyes you can come
To your own enlightenment
Fleurette Elaine Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (His Eyes by Fleurette Elaine Harris )
- On Writing, Deborah Eker
- Freedoms, Connie Marcum Wong
- Ebola! One Last Time, Peter Kimani
- India, Connie Marcum Wong
- A Counter Revolution in Cuba, Deborah Eker
- Pure love, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Man's Hat, Darren David Weaver
- tonight i write you with one sock on, Mandolyn ...
- useless poets, Is It Poetry
- i dropped us and you were glass, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)