Fleurette Elaine Harris
Still forever changing
Cold like firmament
Seeing all things
Giving no light to anything and to nothing
Invisible to those who can’t behold
Visible to only the initiated
Emotionless, shivering cold!
Yet traced with compassion?
Or is it unrest?
His eyes speak words like clouds
Confusing in a curious array
His eyes streak verbs of doubt
Challenging your vision of the light of day.
His eyes entrap your mind like magnet
compelling you to look
Deep within your soul.
His eyes personify depth;
You lose your step as you fall
Deep down below the darkness where
There exists a light in his eyes.
Once you find the light in his eyes
You will never be the same again.
Through his eyes you can come
To your own enlightenment
Fleurette Elaine Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (His Eyes by Fleurette Elaine Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- We are ALL Broken, with a Capital F, LUVinThe NOW
- 'The Fallen Angel', Wolfie Scott
- Impressions of Garcia-Lorca on the Piano.., mary douglas
- PATIENCE, Stanley Oguh
- Last Words of A Dying Poet, Monica Lanier
- Wabi Sabi, wabi sabi
- Papier Mache, How Lovely Was the World, mary douglas
- Cassandra In Your Face, Terence G. Craddock
- Infamous Art Hotel Inhospitality, Terence G. Craddock
- Summer Music, Fireworks Melting the Ice .., mary douglas