His Righteousness Alone
I have no righteousness of my own but stand on faith in Christ alone,
Abraham's an example to all of us for he believed unto righteousness.
On my own, from God, I stand apart as I was born with a sinful heart,
But Jesus took upon the sin of us to cover us with His Righteousness.
God knew before man's fall that Christ would die for the sins of all,
Satan would strike Christ's heel but God followed with this appeal,
Christ would in turn crush his head and Satan will be eternally dead,
Sin's price of death is on my head but Jesus Christ died in my stead.
Though Jesus died He rose again for death could not hold Him friend,
Death may come to all my friend and apart from Christ it is your end.
If you accept His Righteousness in-lieu of death you'll be blessed,
Reject The Lord and your last breath will take you to eternal death.
Christ suffered death for a while so to God we could be reconciled,
From the grave Christ did rise and now He lives even though He died.
Christ bore our sins on the cross and for our sins He paid the cost.
In the grave He buried our sin so we could rise to new life with Him.
There's still hope you can be sure for Jesus is knocking at the door,
He's waiting for you to come in for the cross is your victory over sin.
For our sin Christ did atone and Salvation is in Him and Him alone,
The One knocking at the door can be your Righteousness forevermore.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (His Righteousness Alone by Bob Gotti )
- Gray Tears, herbert guitang
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.49, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.48, Monk E. Biz
- Pysch essay 1, imani halley
- Recollections, SALINI NAIR
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.47, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.46, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.45, Monk E. Biz
- A Poets View Of Modern Life, Yohan Confectioner
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.44, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns