R. K. Hart
He stands bent over, his face in painful twist,
So easy to mend and yet he has this painful cyst.
Friends no longer came by his way,
Slowly one by one they began to stray.
His tears were for the things unsaid he failed,
He felt as though each word unsaid was to his heart impaled.
To his wife, daughter, son words of love and encouragement,
His tears spoke loudly of his greatest lament.
Many times, he asked himself why these words were not spoken,
Why had he not pasted on this simply easy token.
Was it so difficult to part his lips and put words to his voice;
Perhaps its pride or perhaps just plain choice.
Now he stands on craggy edge looking to a troubled sea,
His heart begs his mind with remorseful plea.
Speak before time ebbs away, and your heart does breach.
Moreover, your loved ones are no longer there to reach.
R. K. Hart 11/12/2012
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (His Tears by R. K. Hart )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 December 1797 – 17 February 1856)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 May 1779 – 25 February 1852)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Song Of Despair, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Openly kicked, hasmukh amathalal
- No plight, hasmukh amathalal
- A language has its, gajanan mishra
- What'z a Curmudgeon?, douglas scotney
- Hiding under speechless thoughts, Yisel Chong
- Matthias Pantaleon III, Matthias Pantaleon
- What Happens?, David Lewis Paget
- Noticing Children's Behaviors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Girl From My School, Matthias Pantaleon
- Reading and writing, gajanan mishra