On the road, on the go.
One man. But not alone.
A solitary existence,
All I've ever known.
So confined, yet so free.
But one fateful day,
Along that forgotten road
Passed a girl, and with the kindest of hearts
Let me aboard the wheels of her life.
For a while we cruised, she wanted to help me
But when she asked where I was headed,
I could not say, for I did not know.
Hurt, she tried to ask me to get out of the car
But I begged her to keep me, and somehow she did.
Now I realise, maybe I should have left her be:
I may have just prolonged a painful goodbye.
Instead, I selfishly wasted your precious time.
After all, it isn't my car,
So who am I to let myself stay?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Hitch Hiker by Andrew Lee )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To whom I am going, gajanan mishra
- In The Process Of Existence, Naveed Akram
- Thy presence, binod bastola
- My Maiden's Love Is Like A Cloud In June, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- दिल को हरदम dil ko hardam, hasmukh amathalal
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Time be quite, Filippo Stella
- Domestic goddess, Mark Heathcote
- Blank Depression, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- The tears of human race, Great Emeritus