Everyone wants to be happy in life
Someone succeeds, someone fails
I also wanted to be happy with you
Remember, I fell madly in your love
I dreamed a paradise with you, dear,
Your winning smile erased my pains
I was enchanted with your bitter sweetness
So often you turned away face in pride.
You promised to be my soul mate
and you marched into my spirit
We longed for a paradise on earth
Together tiding over rough paths ahead.
Dear, I never thought you'd slip by silently
Making all hopes and promises an illusion
Why did you take me for a ride, my dear
You know life in seclusion is very painful.
Your memories flash across my mind always
I feel happy leaning my head upon you
I will come daily with flowers you loved
To your grave in your honour and my eternal peace.
Bireswar Halder's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Homage by Bireswar Halder )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Commodore Lionel B. Richie, Richard Thripp
- Her Kindness Is Real, Nihil Existentia
- TRAITORS خونة - خائنين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Will Bathe My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher
- For what is my purpose?, The Princess
- Mother. Mother., beresford mitchell
- In the waiting room, Anna Garland
- THEY CAN NOT KILL THEIR WILL لايقدرون عل.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Haiku And Fruit, Kyle Schlicher
- Short Circuited To Ignite, Lawrence S. Pertillar